Welcome! Here I am writing about and putting pictures of things that make me happy, mostly food as food makes me very happy :) ... food I have made, food I have bought, food I have seen, food I have eaten, and food I have not yet eaten but want to eat!

Sunday 13 November 2011

Thai Treats

 

this is a DELICIOUS meal I had at May Kaidees in Bangkok, Thailand. I forget exactly what it was, I think maybe the panang curry. But maybe not. Anyway, it was SOOO tasty, and it was served in a banana leaf bowl! I'm a sucker for food served creatively.

An interesting fact I learnt while eating this meal: In Thailand brown rice is considered almost unfit for human consumption, to be fed to dogs and prisoners!

May Kaidees is a chain of vegetarian restaurants in Thailand offering flavoursome and healthy vegetarian and vegan dishes, started by May, who started out as a poor village girl, catching frogs for her family's dinner. She was offered and opportunity to work as a dishwasher for her aunt in Bangkok and is now a successful businesswoman with 4 restaurants bearing her name!
If you would like to know more, here is the website : 


No comments:

Post a Comment