Welcome! Here I am writing about and putting pictures of things that make me happy, mostly food as food makes me very happy :) ... food I have made, food I have bought, food I have seen, food I have eaten, and food I have not yet eaten but want to eat!

Monday 30 January 2012

Cambodian BBQ


This is Cambodian BBQ... it is one of my favourite meals ever.

You get served up a plate of raw vegies, some raw meat of your choice, some dipping sauce, and a selection of noodles. You also get a gas cooker, a pan for cooking it in, and some stock.
The first time, when all this stuff got put in front of us, I had no idea what we were supposed to do. But now I'm a pro :)
The pan is shaped similar to a manual citrus juicer. On the lumpy bit in the middle you put the sliced meat. In the dish around the perimeter you put some stock. In the stock you cook the vegies and noodles.


YUM!

1 comment:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! Haven't tried that in Cambodia, too much for one person. They call it "steam boat" in Malaysia's chinese restaurants and "hotpot" in the Philippines. Now THAT makes me hungrier than anything... and i just had my dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete